Panodome is a toolkit for embedding views of cylindrical panoramic images into an application. Making a standard panoramic image navigator with Panodome requires only a few simple function calls. Panodome also lets you extent the viewer and combine it with sound and animation toolkits, in order to create lively panoramas, or to make interactive games.
The Panodome library is available for Microsoft Windows 3.1x with Win32s, Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME and Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP. It is aimed at games and multi-media programmers.
- high performance, critical routines hand-optimized in assembler
- support for hot spots (which generate events) and tooltip or balloon text on these hot spots
- free pan, tilt and zoom
- compass orientation
- partial cylinders, horizon correction, ...
- multiple concurrent panoramic views
- Windows DLL interface, libraries/definition files for C/C++, type library for Visual Basic
- flexible design, integrates with AniSprite and other graphic libraries
- many configuration options; both low-level and high-level functions
- source code for the complete panoramic viewer library is available
- Download Panodome version 1.0 evaluation version (617 kBytes)
A technical introduction of how the projection of cylindrical panoramas works is available as well (PDF format, due to the many formulae).